First you will need to choose, download, and install an email client application. Several popular ones are:
- Windows 10 Live Mail
- Mac Mail
- Android Mail
- iOS 12 Mail
Once installed, you will need to configure the email client application to connect to our POP server.
In general, the connection settings are as follows:
- Account username: Use your full email address, including the "@lycos.com" part.
- Password: Your Lycos password.
- POP server: pop.lycos.com
- POP port: 995 for SSL/TLS encryption
- SMTP server: smtp.lycos.com
- SMTP port: 465 for SSL/TLS encryption
Specific instructions for configuring your account with the Thunderbird email client application follow, but other applications are similar.
- Download and install Thunderbird from: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
- Under the Tools Menu, go to Account Settings:
- Under Account Actions, click Add Mail Account.
- Enter your account information. The name should be your full name as you would like it to show up in emails you send. Your email address is your full email address, including the "@lycos.com" part. The password is the same as your Lycos password. Then click Continue.
- Thunderbird does not auto-detect the server settings so you will need to enter them in manually. The POP server is pop.lycos.com and the port is 965 for SSL/TLS. For SMTP, the server name is smtp.lycos.com and the port is 465 for SSL/TLS. The username should be your full email address, including the "@lycos.com" part. Authentication should be set to Autodetect. Click Re-test and Thunderbird should be able to login to your account and download your messages.