You must have a Lycos Mail Plus membership in order to have access to your mail account via IMAP.
The automated settings provided by iPhone when setting up a Lycos mail account are currently POP. This is an active issue that we are working on with Apple engineering to resolve.
In the meantime, the following instructions provide a work-around to set up your Lycos Mail on your iPhone using IMAP:
1. Tap on Settings from your home screen. Your settings panel displays.
2. Scroll down and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap on Add Account.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Other.
5. Tap Add Mail Account.
6. Enter your name and your full email address (email@example.com). In order for proper setup, please enter in the wrong password. This will force the system to allow you to enter server settings allowing IMAP due to failed authentication.
7. Tap Save. You should get an error message. Tap OK.
8. Ensure IMAP is selected at the top of the screen.
9. Enter imap.lycos.com for Host Name. Enter your User Name (your full email address) and delete all the incorrect characters and retype your correct password.
10. Scroll down and enter smtp.lycos.com for the Host Name. Enter your User Name (your full email address) and delete all the incorrect characters and retype your correct password.
11. Tap Next. This will verify your settings.
If you are setting up your Domain Mail, the settings are slightly different. Please read the "How do I set up Domains Mail on my iPhone?" FAQ.